Seventeen is too young to be messed with.

Seventeen is too young to be messed with.
"All moments, past, present, and future, always have existed, and always will exist."

5.3.11

#2. A Quote from K.V.

"I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." - K.V.

Sometimes, when I stand in the middle of the action, I feel I don't have a full perspective of the situation. I always have tunnel vision in those cases. But when I'm on the outside looking in, I feel sure of what the right decisions are, even though I'm not the person making the decisions at that moment. But when you're on the outside, you want to make sure that you're not too far away.
Another way to look at this Vonnegut quote would be to emphasize carpe diem. Seizing the day. It's always been something easier said than done. We're all on the pursuit of happiness, but there's always been that brick wall. I hate that brick wall.
I wish I had had some of Vonnegut's wisdom all my life. He doesn't seem like the kind of man to dwell on the past. Slaughterhouse Five is representative of that. He seemed like the kind of man who didn't let the past impair his judgements for the future.
What doesn't kill you, can only make you stronger.

"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people." - Randy Pausch

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Pausch quote. And also the idea that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. These are good things to keep in mind during our journeys through life.

    ReplyDelete